Wednesday, February 25, 2009

25+ Things...


1. I am the oldest of four girls. This was fun when I was young, and it is still fun now that I am not-so-young. We are each others' best friends. Seriously.
2. I've known that I was going to be a teacher since I was a little girl. We used to play school in our basement. I also used to pretend to play the guitar and sing songs to my sisters and cousins, but that's besides the point...
3. My sisters, cousins, and I used to perform original dances and plays in our basement. We charged a dime to our audience guests.
4. I can still remember the lyrics to songs from my childhood. For that matter, I can still remember the dance moves to some of my favorite performances.
5. I decided to room with Heather at IU on a whim our senior year of high school. Thank goodness for Snowflurry. It was one of the best decisions of my life.
6. I'm proud to say that I teach at the Catholic grade school I attended as a child. When I was in sixth grade I told Mrs. Barkey that I would teach with her one day. I was right!
7. My husband and I met on a blind date. We were set up by my high school advisory teacher. (He takes his job very seriously). I am forever grateful to Rob McCall for that. I am also thankful that he gave Josh a note card with my last name spelled phonetically. Did I mention Rob was an English teacher??
8. I love my job.
9. I accidentally cut Katie's pinky finger off when I was three. It was an accident, of course. I slammed her finger in the door of our bathroom. I'll have you know that I was doing something very important at the time...I was tattling.
10. My middle name is Rose. I was named after my Great-Grandma Rose, who lived to be 105.
11. Some of the best times of my life were spent in Bloomington, Indiana. I miss all of my friends and roommates immensely.
12. I am not afraid to speak in front of large audiences. In fact, I really like to do it.
13. Even though I am deathly afraid of heights, I have gone hiking in the mountains of Utah twice. The first time was an accomplishment. The second time was just stupid. It took me 16 hours, I fell 5 times, and I lost every toenail on my sore feet. Luckily the Fish family took care of me!
14. I was a volunteer assistant volleyball coach for 7 years at MHS. It was a fantastic experience and I will miss it next year.
15. I like beverages, but I rarely finish them. You can usually find me by following the lines of half-filled pop cans around the room.
16. I love food, love to cook, but don't understand the concept of portion control. I always have leftovers. Always.
17. I'd like to write a children's book one day.
18. My favorite indulgence is perfume. I love buying new scents. If you ever need a gift idea for me, perfume it is! Amy got me Vera Wang just for my wedding day. It will always remind me of that beautiful day.
19. I had the BEST wedding ever. It was a gorgeous day, and I was surrounded by everyone I love. And...I never left the dance floor (the music was amazing). :)
20. I love to sing and dance, but don't do either well.
21. Amy and I made an audition tape for Amazing Race. We weren't chosen, but I guarantee that we would've been an audience pleaser.
22. If I could relive my high school and college years, I would. I loved every minute.
23. My youngest sister, Molly, is 11 years younger than me. However, I'm starting to think we look exactly alike!
24. My parents have been happily married for 31 years. So have my in-laws. On our wedding day, both sets of parents cut a cake with us. It was one of the sweetest moments of that day.
25. My dad, who is my hero, secretly took dance lessons when he found out Josh and I were engaged. He told us later that he swore that he would learn to dance when one of us got married. My mom then started taking lessons with him, and then later I joined them. My dad and I danced to "My Girl," and thinking about it still brings tears to my eyes.
26. I still miss Uncle David, Grandma, my Grandpas, and Merly every day.
27. If I were being chased for my life, I would stop, hold my breath, and hopefully pass out.
28. I hate talking on the phone. I don't answer. I don't call. Please don't take it personally.
29. Josh and I are a perfect Trivial Pursuit team. He knows history, science, sports, and I know anything that can be found in People Magazine.
30. On July 20, 2009 I will be 30 years old.
31. Every year my family and friends partake in Iron Pumpkin. It is a tradition that started with me, Molly, Heather, Tim, and Dad. It has grown in popularity. (We even have shirts courtesy of Molly)
32. I think that some day I'll be a good mother.
33. The summer of 1999 was the best summer of my life. Right Harbison?
34. I have two happy places: Ludington, Michigan and The Villages, Florida.
35. I have never laughed harder than I have with my cousin, Sarah. Especially when making music videos to Aerosmith.
36. Yahtzee is the greatest game ever invented. I'm proud to say that I don't have to use a calculator to tally my score, either.
37. My first new car was a black Pontiac Sunfire that my family lovingly referred to as the "Jenfire." It was attracted to accidents and speeding tickets.
38. I wish being bald were fashionable. My track record with color and cuts is not good. (See senior year of high school)
39. I find myself humorous.
40. I like to make lists.

No comments: