Monday, November 9, 2009

Say what you need to say


On Saturday I was told that I had changed a life.
It was by a wonderful couple whose son was in my 4th grade class a couple of years ago.
They said he cried when he found out I left.
He prayed every night I would return before he graduated.
Fourth grade was the best year of his life he said.

These words put a smile on my face, but a sting in my heart.
Sometimes we don't realize the impact we make on the lives of others.
Many of us never will know what we mean to people.
How a kind word or thoughtful gesture can make someone's day.
How a friendship can mean stability through the roughest of times.


Many of YOU don't know how much you mean to ME.
Unless I speak up and tell you.
I will.

And so I challenge you.
Do what that sweet couple did for me.
*Say what you need to say.
Tell people what they mean to you.


I promise it will be worth it.


"It's better to say too much than to never say what you need to say."
*Thank you John Mayer


No comments: