Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blog Blockage...

The latest Ebay purchase
All week I've been trying to come up with a sharp, witty blog entry. To be honest, it has been a toughy. I've been feeling the effects of Blog Blockage, and I don't think this can be eased with Advil Cold and Sinus. Darn.

I suppose I could write about our latest tree topper fiasco. But really, who wants to hear me complain about how the hubby ordered a "star" for our tree on Ebay without telling me? I mean, do you really want to hear that he told me about this little purchase as I was sitting at the computer, desperately browsing through Facebook (and totally distracted)? Do you care that it happened to be the same star of wonder that a few days before I laughed out loud at? The tree topper that has a snazzy border of gold tinsel framing it? The tree topper that was "gently" used and sold in an estate sale? The one from 1970-something? The one that cost $9.99 with $6.00 shipping and handling? Didn't think so.

And I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear about how, when it was left on the stoop (a gift from God?) my dear husband tore through the cardboard box, threw the plastic Piggly Wiggly bags that cushioned this precious star on the floor, and was as giddy as Ralphie opening his Red Rider BB gun. Seriously. This isn't made up.

I couldn't leave out the fact that my wonderful husband said that this star was absolutely perfect, in great working order, except for the one burned out light. And I wouldn't even get into the details of the argument that ensued, because in my opinion, one blown light on a $17.oo, 30 something-year old, Charlie Brown looking Christmas star is one too many. Especially considering that my lovely beau jumped straight into the car to buy new lights to "re-twinkle" our twinkle-less topper. In my estimation that puts us at 20 total dollars, but who's counting?

I definitely wouldn't mention that when my husband said, "This star is really well made, I bet it lasts for a long time!" that my response was, "Yep, you're right, because it already has 30 years of lighting experience."

No, no, that blog post just won't do. It's one light short of a twinkle topper. I suppose I'll try again next week.

No comments: