Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finally



I was starting to believe that November 4th would never get here. It has felt like this election has been going on for eons, and I was really beginning to get sick of it. Because I was so anxious about today, I went to bed last night at 9:00 pm (with a little help from Mr. Advil Cold and Sinus!) so that I could be up at the "b-crack of dawn."

M
y plan worked, and the hubby and I were at our polling location by *5:45* this morning. A fun fact about our polling location: It is at Cheers. Like, the bar. Where we go for drinks. Well, technically it is in the hallway in front of Cheers, but I still think that it is cool to say that I voted for our next President of the United States at the place where "Everybody knows your name."

S
o, we got through the whole process in a matter of 45 minutes, which I thought was pretty good, considering there were only two voting machines. This gave me time to come home, jump on Facebook so that I could alert everyone to the fact that I had already voted, and get to school with a lot of time to spare. Oh how I love to multi-task!


A few observations I made this morning as I waited my turn to push the buttons:
1. People are stupid.

2. Lines should not be formed in front of doors...it makes it very difficult for people to enter them (the lines and the doors).
3. Old men are cute. Also in reference to this observation...Old men make very good greeters. The little old guy who stood behind me in line was very cordial, and politely reminded everyone that they should
"sign in before you get in line." Cute old guy.

4. Well-lit corridors would make for better polling places than would poorly-lit corridors. Especially at 5:45 am. Just sayin'.

5. Having a driver's license comes in handy. Not just for driving, either.


On a serious note, I'm glad that this election is over because it means that there's a possibility we might see gas prices less than $1,000 a gallon, and I might even get a statement from AIG that says I have some money in my retirement fund. Here's hoping!


No comments: