Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Flapjacks and Jumping-jacks

I have a goal.
To be honest, I have many goals.
Most wo
uld fall under the category of "Not in your wildest dreams"
(i.e. beco
me an award-winning author of children's books)
while the others fall into the
category of "Well, if you got off of your lazy patoot..."
(i.e. have organized closet space in my humble abode).
A
nyway, my latest, most pressing goal can be filed under the latter "lazy" category.

"What is the goal?" you ask.
W
ell...it is to kick my hubby's butt in the battle of
"Biggest Loser: Herold Edition."
This is a contest not for the faint of heart.
It means saying "Adios!" to the foods I love so much, and "Hola!" to the gym I am so keen to ignore.
It means abdominal crunches instead of Nestle Crunches.
It means jumping-jacks instead of flapjacks.
It means dragging my hind quarters into the cold November air
and trying, TRYING to run at least once around my block (without passing out).
Yuck.

This is my goal.
And, if in the process I lose somewhere in the vicinity of 20lbs...
well then, that would be another goal accomplished.

2 comments:

lbner said...

I'm breaking down and joining a gym this weekend, Jenny. I have avoided them like the plague to this point, but it's time. Just too dark out. :( I'm looking forward to spinning and swimming though. You can do it!!!

GregandAmyFish said...

I'm excited to hear your progress.