Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane (and the Bump in the Road)





Recently I found my self reminiscing about "the good old days." I had reconnected with a couple of my friends from college, which prompted me to go through a few stacks of dusty old photos. While doing this, I realized that the phrase "the good old days" isn't exactly accurate. For one thing, those days weren't good...they were great. Secondly, there was nothing old about me, my friends, or the days in question. In fact, I was pretty young. Which brings me to my next, albeit unpleasant, finding. I used to be skinny.

Now, I'm not complaining necessarily. Yes, I know I need to lose a few (or more) lbs., but who doesn't? My point here is that the "me" of ten years ago thought that I needed to drop ten pounds then, too. So... are we ever happy? Is it true that we don't know what we've got 'til its gone? (or at least hidden beneath a roll of blubber?) AND, and here's the scariest part, does this mean that ten years from now I'll look back at pictures from 2008 and say, "Man I looked good back then!"

*A note about picture number two: The outfits you see before you were not our usual "going out" clothes. This picture was taken at a costume party where we worked our go-go boots and psychadelic dresses like it was nobody's business. Just wanted to be clear about that. *

2 comments:

GregandAmyFish said...

That is a great skinny picture of you.

The Bognar Family said...

I love that my dress was so short that I had to wear shorts under it.